Home Remedies for A Regular Period Cycle
Menstruation or periods are essential to every woman’s life as they help keep our bodies healthy by efficiently providing nutrients to our body cells. But sometimes we get irritated or feel worse during or after menstruation for various reasons like excessive stress, fatigue etc., sometimes we feel weak due to hormonal imbalance, and sometimes our period comes with irregularity or pain too.
How do you know if you are having a pcod problem?
- Duration: The cycle with either too long or will end in a couple of days.
- Irregular flow: Track the blood flow and the number of times you change sanitary pads.
- Bleeding: Is the bleeding easily staining your bedsheet or clothing?
- Cramps: Are you experiencing unusual cramps or unbearable pain?
- Mood swings: Do you always feel stressed or irritated?
What are the PCOD problem symptoms?
- Missing more than 3 consecutive cycles
- Heavy bleeding with clots
- Hormonal acne
- Excessive body hair
- Unusual hair fall on the scalp
- Unnecessary weight gain
There is no specific reason that can cause PCOS, but here are some factors that can affect your period cycle:
- Genetic issue
- Using contraceptive pills
- Unhealthy food habits
- Thyroid disorders
There is no cure for PCOS, but here are some simple steps you can take to regulate your period cycle.
- Eat healthy food:
Eat healthy food to increase your metabolism, which will result in burning more calories, thus reducing your weight. Also, eat fruits and vegetables to get more vitamins and minerals, which are essential for good health.
Food options to eat:
- Herbal teas, like andMe PCOS Tea. This plant-based PCOS tea benefits your period cycle and reduces stress.
- Low glycemic index food (legumes, whole grains, nuts, seeds, starchy veggies, low-carbs)
- Anti-inflammatory food (berries, fatty fish, leafy greens, extra virgin oil)
- DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension: poultry, fish, low-fat dairy)
- Exercise regularly:
Exercising regularly helps to keep your menstrual cycle regular, so start exercising now and continue it throughout your lifetime. It also helps remove stress from the mind, negatively affecting the body’s hormones. In addition, a strict exercise routine helps balance the period cycle and maintain the perfect body weight. Stretching and yoga are integral parts of your PCOS treatment. Here are some exercises that will help ease your PCOS symptoms:
- Brisk walking
- Jogging and cycling
- Strength training (push-ups, squats, plank, pull-ups, plank, etc.)
- High-intensity interval training (Treadmill, rowing machine, jumping jacks, jumping lunges, etc.)
- Keep yourself busy:
To reduce stress, one must find activities that please themselves, like reading books and going out with friends or family. Still, suppose you are unable to do this. Then, keeping yourself busy by doing housework and household chores is good. It keeps you occupied so that you don’t have time for other things that can adversely affect your menstrual cycle, like staying alone too much or being sedentary all day. This is crucial to balance your stress level, which directly threatens your menstrual cycle. In addition, stress can stimulate the secretion of cortisol (stress hormone) which can affect the estrogen level.
Creative activities to eliminate stress:
- Baking sessions
- Painting or art workshops
Ginger benefits a lot of severe conditions, including PCOS. Regular consumption of raw ginger is one of the best ways to cure PCOS, but it might have some side effects on your health. So can dilute some ginger flakes in any herbal tea and have it on an empty stomach every morning. Ginger contains an inflammatory compound, gingerol. It helps regulate uterine muscle contraction and balance estrogen and androgen secretion. If you can add a dash of honey and lemon to the ginger tea, it will help maintain your metabolism rate.
Jaggery/ coconut sugar:
Added sugar can ruin all your discipline and restriction. Instead, replace your regular sugar with jaggery or coconut sugar. Jaggery is sweet and also has a lot of medicinal value. Jaggery can be your magic weapon if you are frustrated with your period cramps.
Since ancient times, Turmeric has been an integral part of Ayurvedic treatment. It has an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory ingredient called curcumin, which is also believed to be effective against cancer. Add a pinch of turmeric powder with warm milk and honey every night before sleeping.
This natural element is mostly famous for its skin benefits but also provides an array of physical benefits; regulating periods and reducing excess weight is one of them. In addition, Aloe vera juice enhances your metabolism and keeps your gut system healthy.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
An elixir of PCOS, this drink has uncountable benefits for the human body. It contributes to regularising your hormone levels and reducing hormonal acne. Also, it helps lose weight and lower blood sugar levels.
Unripe papaya enhances uterine contraction and helps regulate blood flow. Consume unripe papaya juice for a month, but skip these rituals while on periods.