Essential nutrition for healthy hair and scalp
You may think your hair and scalp looks fine the way it is, but often, haircare is among the most overlooked aspects of wellness that people don't realize its importance of. You can use many products for hair care, but only a few will give you natural and healthy hair. However, cheap imitations are prevalent in much of the market today. Many vendors offer lacklustre products that don't work. We see hundreds of TV ads promoting various hair and skincare products. They all claim to have the best hair and skincare products, but the truth is not many of them are worth your money or time.
Why should you use natural products for hair and skin?
You should use only natural products for hair because they have fewer chemicals in them than conventional products available at most stores. Many ingredients are used in traditional products, such as sulfates, parabens, synthetic fragrances, phthalates and artificial colours, which can cause allergic reactions or other adverse side effects when they come into contact with the skin on the scalp. These chemicals can be found in shampoos, conditioners, soaps, lotions and many other cosmetic products that you might use daily without even realizing. The second reason you should choose natural products over others is that they are healthier for the environment.
The scalp is a vital organ that performs several human body functions. Apart from being the roots of the hair, it makes sebum (oil) for lubrication of hair and as a natural conditioner. In addition, the scalp's structure, sebaceous glands, hair follicles and blood supply are all critical for healthy hair growth.
Some basic tips for daily haircare:
- Use a gentle shampoo – avoid harsh chemicals. If you are using a shampoo with silicone or other chemicals, try to alternate it with sulfate-free shampoos. These shampoos contain natural ingredients that clean and hydrate the hair, particularly if you have fine colour-treated hair.
- Never comb wet hair. Instead, use a moisturizing conditioner after you wash your hair. This will restore moisture to the strands and prevent further damage. Silicone-based conditioners are ideal for thinning or fine hair because they add volume, but they should be used in moderation because they coat the hair and make it difficult to style.
- Do not use heated implements on your hair while showering
- Massage your scalp with your fingertips
- Avoid using commercialized products such as dyes and sprays
- Avoid using shampoos that contain sodium Laureth sulfate (SLS) and sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), which is basically a detergent (a very harsh detergent at that). These ingredients strip away all the natural oils of your hair and leave it dry and brittle.
- Take care of your diet plan- eat vitamin C enriched food
- Avoid hot water while washing your hair because it dries out the scalp and strands. If you must wash your hair in warm or hot water, use a cold rinse at the end to close the cuticles of the hair shaft.
- Avoid over-styling your hair with heat tools such as curler, straightener or dryer. Extreme heat can make your hair strands dry and frizzy.
- You can also take natural supplements for your hair. andMe is here with a Natural Biotin Supplement that stimulates follicle growth and prevents hair loss. This is one of the best supplements for your hair, which is filled with the goodness of Amla, Brahmi, Green tea, etc. As a wellness brand, andMe understands a woman's unique health requirements and curates natural, vegan and one of the best health supplements for women.