7 Tips to Prevent Winter Dryness
During the winter, the air tends to be drier, which can cause the skin to lose moisture and become dry and flaky. This is because the low humidity levels in the air can cause the skin to lose water through evaporation, leading to dryness and discomfort. In addition, cold temperatures can cause blood vessels in the skin to constrict, reducing blood flow to the skin and making it feel dry and tight.
Several factors can contribute to dry skin in the winter, including:
- Using hot water to wash your face or shower: Hot water can strip the skin of its natural oils, making it feel dry and tight.
- Using harsh soaps or cleansers: Some soaps and cleansers can be too harsh for the skin, especially in the winter when the skin is already dry.
- Spending too much time indoors: Indoor heating systems can dry out the air, contributing to dry skin.
To prevent dry, flaky skin in the winter, it's important to keep the skin moisturized by using a moisturizing cream or lotion, especially after bathing or washing your face. It's also a good idea to use a humidifier in your home to add moisture to the air and protect your skin from becoming dry. Avoiding hot water and harsh soaps, and wearing gloves and a scarf to protect your skin from the cold, can also help to prevent dry skin in the winter.
Tips to prevent winter dryness:
1) Creamy Avocado Mask:
How to make this face mask?
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Half avocado
- 1 tsp honey
- Mash the avocado with a fork and add all the ingredients.
- Apply the face mask on the face and let it set for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your face with normal water and massage your face with a moisturizer.
What are the benefits of this face mask?
- Honey is a natural humectant; hydrates your skin.
- Avocado; prevents skin damage and improves skin elasticity.
- Olive oil; contains antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
2) Natural olive oil and sugar scrub:
How to make this homemade sugar scrub:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- A few drops of lavender essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to prepare the scrub.
What are the benefits of this sugar scrub:
- Locks moisture on the skin
- Removes dead cells
- Retains natural glow
- Treats skin conditions like Eczema
Are there any side effects of this scrub:
This face scrub contains natural ingredients, so there are lesser chances of having side effects. While scrubbing, ensure to be gentle on the skin; otherwise, sugar grains might ruin the texture.
3) Collagen drink:
What does collagen drink do?
Collagen is a protein found naturally in the body and is an important component of skin, hair, and nails. Taking collagen supplements can help to improve the appearance of skin, hair, and nails by supporting the body's natural collagen production.
Do collagen drinks really work?
Collagen is responsible for helping to provide structure and support to these tissues. Collagen plays a role in maintaining the elasticity and strength of the skin and helping repair damaged skin is responsible for helping to provide structure and support to these tissues. Collagen plays a role in maintaining the elasticity and strength of the skin and helping repair damaged skin.
Is collagen Ok for PCOS?
Collagen drink is entirely safe to have if you have PCOS. This condition sometimes causes hormonal acne; collagen regulates sebum production and prevents skin breakouts.
Which collagen drink is best?
For effective results, you can use plant-based supplements like andMe's 100% vegan collagen drink, which leaves no side effects on your skin. This drink contains ayurvedic goodness of amla and gotukula that improves skin elasticity.
4) Coconut oil before bedtime:
Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer for the skin. It locks in moisture and helps prevent wrinkles, too. Just apply a few drops of coconut oil to your face, neck and chest before bed. You can also use coconut oil as an overnight mask by mixing it with honey or other ingredients until it forms a smooth paste that you can apply to your face.
5) Aloe vera gel:
If you have dry or sensitive skin, try aloe vera gel instead of regular moisturizer. Aloe vera gel contains ingredients that are soothing to irritated or inflamed skin, making it an ideal option for people with sensitive skin who need extra hydration throughout the winter months.
6) Sunflower seed oil:
Sunflower seed oil is a great moisturizer for dry skin. It’s rich in vitamin E and linoleic acid, which help to protect the skin from environmental damage. Sunflower seed oil also contains squalene and carotenoids, increasing the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
7) Apply sunscreen daily:
Applying sunscreen daily will help prevent tanning and sunburns while keeping your skin healthy-looking throughout the year. Choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 if you plan on spending time outdoors during the day.