UTI And Sex, How Are They Connected?
UTI and sexual hygiene are interconnected to each other. Urinary tract infection is a disease that happens due to a bacterial infection in your urinary tract. It can happen anywhere, especially in the kidney and urethra. It is more common in women, and the size of the urethra is the main culprit here. The size of a women's urethra is shorter than a man, so it's easy for the bacteria to travel in the urinary wall.
According to the experts, most women can have a urinary infection after having sex. So, it's essential, especially for women, to maintain sexual hygiene. The UTI bacteria lives around the anus area of a woman's body. While having sex, the bacteria is pushed upwards. So, it's like a hop, skip, and jump for the UTI bacteria to reach its destination.
The Main Symptoms of UTI are:
‣ Frequent urination.
‣ Burning sensation while peeing
‣ Yellow or white discharge
‣ Unusual colour of urine
Most of the UTI cases are observed through the effect of E.Coli. Some women are prone to UTI due to immunity problems, but some can get UTI a few weeks after sex. Also, many factors perform significant roles, like if your partner has any genital disease or is well aware of his intimate hygiene.
Sex can definitely trigger UTI, and that is why some people call this "Honeymoon cystitis." Another reason for recurrent UTI could be having a new partner, someone who has a family history with many intimate and hormonal issues.
Preventing or curing UTI after sex is only possible if you take care of your sexual hygiene and vaginal health. Here's how:
‣ Empty your bladder before and after sex. This will help you to detox your urinary tract fully.
‣ Wash your vagina with plain water.
‣ Don't use too many synthetic liquids.
‣ Try to use protection in case you're not planning a baby.
‣ Wipe your vagina well from front to back.
‣ Drink adequate water after sex.
‣ Friction during sex can irritate the urethra. Try to use a vaginal lubricant.
‣ Try to avoid oral sex for a while.
‣ Consume natural supplements like andMe's unsweetened cranberry juice for UTI.
This UTI drink consists of Ayurvedic herbs and anti-inflammatory ingredients. As a women's wellness brand, we understand your needs, and all our products are free of chemical preservatives and have no side effects.
Don't worry, We've got you covered. Drink the Juice + Maintain the hygiene. <3