Get Your Skin Well Hydrated and Chilled Like A Watermelon ( Skin Care DIY )
Skin hydration is essential for the maintenance of healthy skin. The water we drink, the food we eat, and the air we breathe contain moisture. This moisture is necessary to give skin its youthful, smooth appearance. Without it, our skin will appear dry, wrinkled and more susceptible to forming premature lines and wrinkles. It can also make our complexion appear dull and discoloured. This moisture is what keeps our skin plump and moist, acting as a barrier to help protect us from the environment and keep us looking young. When we don't replenish our bodies with enough water, the moisture in our skin begins to deplete, creating a dry, itchy feeling. As a result, our skin becomes tight and shrinks, causing fine lines and wrinkles to become more visible.
Types of Skin Hydration:
There are two types of skin hydration: superficial hydration and deep/occlusive hydration.
Superficial hydration is when you apply lotions or creams that penetrate the upper layers of your skin. You can do this by applying a hydrating lotion or cream after washing or bathing or using a leave-on moisturizer. Deep/occlusive hydration works by locking in moisture using oils or lipid-rich products like shea butter before bed.
Essential tips for hydrating your skin:
- -->Switch to a gentle cleanser, harsh chemicals, or too much scrubbing can make your skin rough.
- -->Use a hydrating toner.
- -->Instead of rubbing, try patting your skin while applying any lotion or cream.
- -->Use face serum before going to bed.
- -->Make modifications to your diet plan. Eat fresh fruit with a lot of nutrients; for example, Lemon, Orange, or Watermelon has a lot of Vitamin C, which is also an anti-inflammatory ingredient.
- -->Drink adequate water because it detoxifies your whole body and provides naturally glowing skin.
- -->Use a sleep mask daily.
- -->Don't use hot water on your face.
- -->Exfoliate your skin
- -->Eat healthy and natural supplements. If you are looking for plant-based supplements, you can try out andMe's natural Collagen drink which consists of Ayurvedic herbs and Hyaluronic acid. This booster is suitable for people with acne-prone skin.