Menopause is referred to a point in time 12 months after a woman's last period. The years leading up to that point, Women experience irregular monthly cycles, hot flashes, mood swings, fatigue and weight gain among other symptoms.
This stage is called menopausal transition or perimenopause.
The Menopause often begins between ages 45 and 55. It generally lasts about six years but can be as long as 13 years. The duration can depend upon the lifestyle factors such as sleeping, eating, drinking or smoking habits.
Lifestyle Guidelines for Menopause
While menopause is linked to uncomfortable symptoms and increases your risk of certain diseases, Upright nutrition and eating habits can help evade or ease certain conditions that may develop during and after menopause.
Dietary Guidelines for Menopause
During menopause, eat an assortment of foods to get all the nutrients your body needs. Since women's diets are low in iron and calcium, follow these guidelines:
1. Get plentiful calcium: Eat and drink two to four portions of dairy products and calcium-rich foods a day. Calcium is found in dairy products, fish with bones, broccoli, and pulses. Try to get 1,200 mgs per day.
2. Eat IRON: Eat at least two to three servings of iron-rich foods a day. Iron is found in lean red meat, fish, eggs, leafy green vegetables like spinach, nuts, and grain products.
3. Get plentiful of fiber: Help yourself to foods rich in fiber, such as whole-grain breads, cereals, pasta, rice, fresh fruits, and vegetables. Most adult women should get about 21 grams of fiber on daily basis.
4. Eat your fruits and vegetables: Have at least 1 cup of fruit and 2 cups of vegetables each day.
5. Drink plenty of water: It’s a general rule, drink eight glasses of water every day as it fulfils the daily requirement for most healthy adults.
6. Cut Back on Sugar and Salts: Too much salt in the diet is related to high blood pressure. Also, go easy on high sugar foods as well.
Women going through menopause experience unpleasant indicators, such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness, fatigue, weight gain and poor sleep.
To help ease these symptoms you can also check out andMe's, MenoDiet Drink
This drink is made with a special formula that will help in your Perimenopause, Menopause and Post-menopause stages. This drink contains phytoestrogens, natural compounds that mimic estrogen and reduces the estrogen levels in your body