Why does a woman need multi-vitamins?
Multi-vitamins are a combinations vitamins and minerals which are required for our body to function to optimum capacity. A large portion of these vitamins and minerals naturally come from fruits and vegetables. You would think that this would mean that we get the required nutrients naturally and do no need any supplements but still multi-vitamin supplements are so popular. Why is that? Most of us don’t consume the amount of fruits and vegetables required for our daily vitamin needs. In fact, studies have found that 76% of adults don’t eat enough fruit and 87% of adults don’t eat enough veggies. The suggested quantity to suffice the nutrient needs are 1.5-2 cups of fruit and 2-3 cups of vegetables daily. In view of this multi-vitamin supplements have become highly popular as they are an easy and efficient solution.
Important multi-vitamins for women
A human body in total requires 16 vitamins and 13 minerals for efficient development. Some of the most important vitamins and minerals required for the female body are:
- Folic acid
- Vitamin D
- Beta- Carotene
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Vitamin B6 and B12
Benefits of multi-vitamins
- Reduces risks of cancer: Adequate use of multi-vitamins has shown decreased risks of cancer. One can consult their concerned medical health professional to check the best recommended multi-vitamin for you.
- Boosts immune system: Multivitamin capsules help build a strong immunity system by virtue of which your body also prepares itself to fight various symptoms. Multi-vitamins also help reduce allergies in the human body.
- Healthy hair and skin: Multivitamins with biotin, Vitamin A, C, E B3 etc. help with managing a healthy hair and skin. They help strengthen hair from within and help the skin glow naturally by retaining natural oils and avoid dryness.
- Helps with brain functioning: Multivitamins have proven to help with prevent memory loss and increase focus. In some cases, it also helps improve and fasten the functioning of the brain.
- Mental health propagator: Your emotions/ mental state is directly related to your body. If your body gets all the nutrients required then chances are that your mental health will be much better. Multivitamin capsules help manage depression and stress by stimulating the nervous system to produce the right amount of stress hormones.
- Healthy heart and body: Multivitamins in general keep cardio-vascular diseases at bay and keep the heart healthy. It also helps keep other diseases related to eyes, ageing etc. away.
It is important to know that if you have a regular balanced diet then multivitamins is not absolutely necessary for the body but consuming it will cause harm as it is difficult to keep track of exactly how much vitamin and mineral intake is going into your body. The one thing that is guaranteed is that owing to the combination multivitamins will help you sleep better, feel lighter and live happier.
andMe has launched their very own Women’s Multivitamins Capsules that are made with 18+ essentials to help every woman get the required amount of nutrients per day. Helps to boost energy, digestion, healthy hair and skin. Provides strength to bones and joints and thus reduces joint pain. No Artificial Ingredients, No Chemical- Made of Whole Food Extracts.